Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Hold Fast Unto It"

There are many good things to draw from the scriptures.  Even more than we can comprehend at any time here on earth.  As I've been reading the Book of Mormon again I came across a scripture that hit home with me;  It's in 1 NEPHI 15:24

"And I said unto them that it was the aword of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would bhold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the ctemptations and the fiery ddarts of the eadversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction."

Sometimes I think we forget, and I know that I did at times, that the word of God is our protection here on earth if we "hold fast unto it".  This particular scripture is given when Nephi's brothers ask him what the rod of iron means in Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life.  I love the phrase "hold fast unto it".  It leaves no wiggle room.  Either you "hold fast to it" or you don't.  And if you do, the protection is pretty incredible.  I can personally tell you that if you become casual in holding to the word of God, you're giving way to the adversary and blindness.  Don't do that.  Value His counsel above your own understanding and logical reasoning.  God's counsel is always right, and our own reasoning.............................isn't.  

I've been blessed recently with some peace of mind.  I know what I want to do, I know where I want to raise a family, and I know enough about how I can get there and about how I can reach those goals.  The path is slowly but surely, and very subtly, being laid before me.  I'll talk more about that in a coming day.  Sticking to the theme of this post, the Temple has become something entirely different to me over the past two months.  I can't really even put into words just how privileged we are to have them, and how grateful I am to be a temple going member.  On top of all of the spiritual benefits of the temple(including receiving the Word of God), the sheer beauty, design, and architecture of the temples bring me to tears.  There is no doubt that the temple is the House of The Lord.  My personal favorite is the Oaker Mountain Temple, for some reason, I'm just touched by it every time I've gone.  Here's a little picture I snapped on my phone this past week.

Today, make sure that you tell and demonstrate your love for those you care about.  Especially your spouse.  Don't do it later, because chances are later never comes.  Go ahead and do it now.




No comments:

Post a Comment