Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Close but not close enough

As of late, life circumstances have been... let's say a little rough, but worth the struggle.  Finances changed, family changed, friends are changing, housing has changed, and many other things have changed as well.  Some things for the better and some things will require much more strength and faith than I'm capable of rendering on my own.

I recently had an interview with the City of Cedar Hills for a City Manager's Internship.  I was one of four candidates selected for an interview and had the chance to interview with the city manager, city planner, and public works director.  For those of you who don't know, I'm going into public administration and hope to to be a city manager.  Anyway, I found out that I didn't receive the position, it was between me and one other gentleman!  Needless to say I was close, but not close enough.  The city manager was extremely kind and asked me to re-apply for the next internship.  

I haven't golfed more than a handful of times this season, but last year when I did golf, it was almost always at Cedar Hills Golf Course.  It's the only picture I have to affiliate with this post.  I like Cedar Hills.

Sometimes, I wish I could understand the mind of Heavenly Father.  But, I know enough.  As Nephi so eloquently exclaimed;

"O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath avisited men in so much bmercycwhy should my dheart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?"    2 Nephi 4:26

I just have to keep in mind, that for now, I know enough.

STOP reading, go tell your spouse you love them.  Give them a hug and a kiss.  Call, or send them a message.  They deserve it and they need to hear and feel your love regularly.  





No comments:

Post a Comment