Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Could this be? YES IT IS!

Exactly one week ago today I posted about having NOT received a city manager internship opportunity with the City of Cedar Hills.

This past Monday, after a two hour commute home from work in Murray I came home to an email from the City Manager of Cedar Hills.  The email read; 
Danny,                                                                                                                       

Our new intern resigned today (I guess we were too rough on him).

I am not sure of your situation, but the position is yours if you still want it.

Please let me know.

The first thing that came to me was "could this be?",  and the next thought that came to me was "YES IT IS!".  I've never jumped higher in my life after the reality of the email set in.  I ran down the hall, and jumped over and over again.  I felt like a kid on Christmas getting some sort of bee-bee gun.  Just like on A Christmas Story.  




That moment was shared between just me and Heavenly Father.  It brought me to my knees in all honesty.  I've wanted this position so badly and when I found out that I hadn't received it I watched it in rear view mirror as I slowly drove away.   But now, that's all history.  I've been offered the internship, and it took me no more than five minutes to reply to the city manager and accept the position.  

Although there have been so many minutes, hours, and days that are genuinely difficult to get through over the past few months, it's small little reminders like this that assure me of Heavenly Father's love for me.  That's something I hadn't always been able to recognize or feel, until recently.  I know He loves me now.   He's my Father.  He prepared me and He expects me to reach great heights here on earth as a husband, father, priesthood holder, disciple, and friend.  The Savior has provided me with a way to literally be refined continually in order to reach those heights Heavenly Father set before me.  He gave me an opportunity to reach those heights with someone that I love and care about more than anything else, but for a period of time, I didn't focus.  And in turn, I wasn't reaching those heights.  I believe that an opportunity will come again, in a coming day.  I know it sounds cliche, but it's true.  And I've learned that so many "cliche" things relating to the Gospel aren't cliche, they're just plain and simple truths.  To be followed.  




1 comment:

  1. I don't even know you, but this post made me smile. I felt genuinely happy for you. I hope you reach your goals and desires....in all aspects of your life. I believe that if you maintain your focus - your time and attention - on what God wants for you, then the rest will come :)

    ReplyDelete