Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Everyone loves a slinky

I had this show called "Cash Cab" on at my place while I was making dinner tonight.. If you haven't seen the show, it's just some dinky little show where a guy drives a cab around and the people who get in get to answer a series of random questions for money while he drives them to their destination.  Well, he asked a question about the invention of the slinky, and it got me thinking.  Yes, about a slinky, and daily life.

Over the last little while, including today I've felt a little bit like a slinky.  I loved slinkies when I was little.  I lived in an apartment with 12 stairs for many years, and I remember racing slinkies down them for hours.  Well, sometimes the slinky would make it all the way down the stairs without losing it's momentum and coming to a stop.  I'd say you had about a 50/50 chance of making it down all twelve steps.  

Life lately, has been like a slinky.  Each day represents a step, and they seem to be never ending.  One day, I'll be flying down the step ready to string a few good days and steps together, one after the other, and suddenly...

I'll lose the momentum and come to a complete stop.  The slinky doesn't slink that day.  And I have to build up my momentum to make it through the next day and down the next step.  Right now I can't see the bottom, or the top of the stairs, but can only focus on one day at a time.  Making one slink at a time.  I watched all of the Ace Ventura movies growing up, and this clip pretty much sums up what I'm talking about.  


No comments:

Post a Comment