Monday, September 5, 2011

Knowing very little is knowing enough

Over the last month or two I had been contemplating a few things, first; whether or not I should move from my home in Orem.  Second; whether or not I should keep the job in salt lake valley.  And third; if I was following the Lord's will, and on the path He's asked me to follow.


Well, it turns out that sometimes knowing very little is knowing enough.  I had continued strong impressions that I should stay here in Orem, in this home, with these neighbors, and in this ward.  It's been truly eye opening to see the amount of support I have had extended to me from seemingly complete strangers.  My home is now a home.  I enjoy it here, there are great people all around me, my neighborhood is wonderful, and I'm close to the high school.  


The very first day I started my job in the salt lake valley I had a unsettling feeling that I wasn't supposed to be there.  After two weeks there, I was offered the city manager's intern position with the City of Cedar Hills.  Go figure right?


Sometimes it feels impossible to know the mind of the Lord, and His will for us.  That's where knowing you're doing all that you can and all that has been asked of you IS knowing enough.  It almost has to be, especially in times such as these.  Some days, you plead to know more, you plead to feel something-anything, you plead for help to be better, you plead for forgiveness and to have mercy extended to you.  Some days it feels like your pleadings are in vain, and to no avail, but it's in times like these that you have to keep fighting and you have to be faithful.  Even if it has gotten to the a point where you feel as Job did; where all of his friends, family, neighbors, land, physical health, and spiritual protection seemed to turn against him.   In The Miracle of Forgiveness the prophet Spencer W. Kimball said:
The purity and perfection we seek is unattainable without this subjection of unworthy, ungodlike urges and the corresponding encouragement of their opposites.  We certainly cannot expect the rules to be easier for us than for the Son of God, of whom it is recored: 
             Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;(Heb. 5:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment